Technical University Bratislava, SK
Floor to floor renovation
The Elegance 72 unitized system was selected for the overall refurbishment of the Residence of the Civil Engineering Faculty owned by Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Slovakia).
Sapa Building System provided a unitized solution with unique adapted designs. Single and double skin curtain walling facades were used on this project, with the following boundary conditions:
- Internal frame based on window-principle curtain wall (glazed form inside)
- Max dimensions of a single unit: 1.5 x ~3.8m
- Ventilated area between internal and external skin (wire mesh removable / changeable from inside)
- Distance between internal and external skin: from 180 to 300mm
Sapa meets project requirements
Within a short period of time, the new system was ready to be delivered. Alongside the regular Elegance 72 version, several new profiles were specifically designed. The curtain wall was equipped with ventilated units, the pictures below explain the principle. Each unit is ventilated separately using natural stack effect between outer and inner skin.
Benefits of the refurbishment with Elegance 72
- “Floor to Floor” refurbishment offering minimal disruption for the building user
- Specific thermal features reduce exploitation costs in cooling as in heating seasons
- External layer of glass buffers wind blows improving windows operability and natural ventilation
- Effective noise reduction in urban settings
- The 3000 m2 of curtain walling facades were installed within 12 months from the first conceptual drawings.
- Units fabrication in the workshop.