Sapa group is now part of Hydro02 Oct 2017
Sapa group is now part of Hydro and changes its name to Hydro.
As per today, former Sapa Group is fully-owned by Hydro and incorporated into the Hydro Group as a new business area - Extruded Solutions.
The new ownership structure does not affect our strong brands Sapa and Wicona, as we have great ambitions to market as independent brands in our markets. The Sapa name continues to exist as a brand name for our building systems, transport systems and floor systems.
With this acquisition, Hydro is significantly expanding the company’s reach, presence and innovative edge in the world of aluminium. Hydro is now a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
- Sapa group has now become a business area within Hydro called Extruded Solutions
- With its 35,000 employees, Hydro has a global reach, local presence and activities on all continents in around 40 countries, serving about 30,000 customers globally.
- Hydro is a global, fully integrated aluminium company. It is one of the largest producers of primary aluminium and it has operations in bauxite, alumina and electricity – the most important raw materials in primary aluminium production.
- Hydro is also a major European supplier of rolled products, with customers in the building, packaging, lithographic and automotive industries.
- Hydro has significant research and development resources, working with process technology for smelting and recycling, material technology and products and solutions for customers.
Please contact us or your local contact person if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our additional capabilities as part of Hydro. (Hydro.com)